Centre County Community Grants
AAUW State College awards numerous grants each year to Centre County nonprofits that promote these values. In 2020, the AAUW State College Used Book Sale was canceled due to the Covid-19 epidemic, leaving fewer funds available for grants. Yet we still were able to distribute over $35,700 to programs offered by local nonprofits.
AAUW’s mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. AAUW State College philanthropy is guided by the following values:
- We believe that advancing equity for women and girls expands the opportunities for everyone to participate productively in the economy and improves the overall quality of life for individuals, families, communities, and nations.
- We believe that collaborative community-based initiatives form a robust foundation for advancing equity locally and, ultimately, globally.
- We believe that lifelong education is a critical and essential pathway to equity.
- Grant applicants must be non-profit organizations located in Centre County, Pennsylvania.
- More than half of the clients in the program to be funded must be women or girls.
- Grant application approval does not guarantee subsequent funding.
- AAUW State College reserves the right to partially fund or deny funding to a program based on a determination of the suitability of the project.
- An application that seeks support for a specified portion of a program will generally receive greater consideration than one that looks to the AAUW State College as its sole funding source.
- Non-profit organizations receiving grants from AAUW State College for programs they sponsor agree to acknowledge our support in ways visible to their clients and the public such as in program materials, newsletters, annual reports, and more. They also agree to submit program assessments after the completion of funded proposals.
Due to COVID – 19 and the uncertainty of the 2021 Book Sale, AAUW State College Branch is postponing our normal grant cycle. At this time AAUW will not be receiving grant applications. Please check back periodically for further information.
If you have questions about the 2020-2021 community grants application process please contact the Philanthropic Priorities and Funds Distribution Committee co-chair Connie Wheeler