Used Book Sale Location & Hours
The Used Book Sale is located at the Snider Agricultural Arena is located on East Park Avenue across from Beaver Stadium. Parking is available behind the building.
- DAILY SALE HOURS ARE 9 A.M. TO 8 P.M.
- MONDAY IS HALF-PRICE DAY.
- TUESDAY IS BAG DAY
On Bag Day customers will be able to fill a cloth or paper grocery bag with books for $8 per bag.
Doors will open promptly at 9:00 a.m. each day. Penn State safety regulations state that the Ag Arena has a maximum occupancy of 450 persons. Consequently, we will carefully monitor the number of people admitted to the floor. Once building capacity is reached, new shoppers will be admitted only as others exit the building.
Many shoppers arrive early the first day of the sale to be among the first to enter the Snider Ag Area. Please note that Penn State policy does not permit individuals to stay outside overnight at the Snider Ag Arena. Those arriving as early as late Friday afternoon may place one box or container per person in the line with your name on the box.
Persons must be in line, one person per box/container, before 6:30 a.m. when numbers will be distributed by designated sale staff to determine order of entry into the arena. Numbers will be distributed until 8:45 a.m. Once you have received your number, you may go out to breakfast. Plan to return by 8:45 a.m., however, when the line for admission in strict numeric order will form.
Admittance into the arena prior to 9:00 a.m. for any reason, including use of the bathroom, is at the prerogative of the sales staff.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
1. All guests must adhere to locate and state COVID-19 guidelines and mandates.
2. Wearing a mask while indoors is mandatory.
3. If you have tested positive or been exposed to someone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
4. Adhere to social distancing (6 feet).
5. Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and/or use hand sanitizer.
6. Avoid touching your face and eyes with your hands.